Verbal Coherence & Cohesion Test
Cohesion and coherence are terms used to describe the properties of written texts.
Cohesion is the glue that sticks a sentence to another in a paragraph, or a paragraph to another in a text.
Coherence means that the text is easy to read and understand because the text follows a certain kind of logical order and the organization of ideas is systematical and logical.
What questions can I expect?
A text is split into several sections, and you are given the sections out of order. You have to rearrange the order of the text so that the complete text has proper cohesion and coherence, or in other words: so that the text structure and grammar is correct.
Where are Verbal Coherence & Cohesion tests used?
The test questions can be found as part of a pre-employment assessment process used by employers.
Practice Verbal Coherence & Cohesion Test
Try a free Verbal Coherence & Cohesion Test.
This free practice test contains 6 test questions and has a time limit of 4 minutes.
Would you like to improve your test score? Practice smart with a Test Prep Account.
Practice more than 550 verbal aptitude questions with detailed description and score statistics.
The many features of a Test Prep Account:
- Preparation software developed under a didactic and methodical perspective
- High-quality practice test questions
- Clearly explained solutions
- Accessibile on all devices
- Detailed score data and progression charts
- Reference scores to compare your performance against others
- Training Assistant
- Practice mode (feedback after every question and no time limit)