Grammar & Spelling Test
A grammar and spelling test measures your ability for and knowledge of correct grammar and spelling usage.
What questions can I expect?
Questions can be in many different formats, but will normally be multiple choice.
Question formats can be:
- Choose the correct word missing in a sentence. The words may be spelled differently or written in different tenses.
- Select the correctly spelled word from four or more options.
- Four or more sentences are given – choose the sentence that is grammatically correct.
- Find the grammar or spelling error in a sentence.
- Insert the correct punctuation in a given sentence.
Grammar and spelling tests are often found as part of a Verbal Ability test. You may encounter such tests when applying for jobs where English language skills are essential, such as clerical workers, customer support representatives, receptionists, marketing employees, and more.
Practice Grammar & Spelling
Try a free verbal skills test.
This free simulated assessment test contains 15 verbal skills test questions and has a time limit of 5 minutes.
Would you like to improve your test score? Practice smart with a Test Prep Account.
Practice on 103 Grammar & Spelling questions and more than 400 other verbal aptitude questions with detailed description and score statistics.
The many features of a Test Prep Account:
- Preparation software developed under a didactic and methodical perspective
- High-quality practice test questions
- Clearly explained solutions
- Accessibile on all devices
- Detailed score data and progression charts
- Reference scores to compare your performance against others
- Training Assistant
- Practice mode (feedback after every question and no time limit)