The Typing Test is a general assessment of a candidate’s typing speed and accuracy
The Typing Test is especially suitable for transcriptionists, scripes, clerks, receptionists, secretaries, and other administrative employees.
The assessment will allow you to measure Words Per minute (WPM), Corrected Words Per Minute (CWPM), Characters Per Minute (CPM), Overall Accuracy, and a Total Score.
The Typing Test comprises three sub-tests designed to measure a candidate’s typing speed and accuracy.
The candidate is presented with a paragraph of text and given 60 seconds to type as much of the paragraph as possible.
The candidate is presented with a new paragraph of text and again given 60 seconds to type as much as possible.
The candidate is presented with a new paragraph of text and has to type the complete text. There is no time limit, the text consists of 400 characters.
Detailed Test Report
On the test report you will find all the information you need:
- Total Percentile Population Score*
- Words Per Minute (WPM)
- Corrected Words Per Minute (CWPM)
- Characters Per Minute (CPM)
- Overall Accuracy
- Interpretation of candidate performance
- Advisory score ranges for common professions
- The exact text typed by the candidate, with errors highlighted.
*The Total Percentile Population Score is found by comparing the average CWPM of the candidate with the norm group. If the candidate has a score of 70, he/she scored as well or better than 70 percent of the 1,000 individuals who were part of our 2020 test survey.
Our prices are simple and affordable. First pay the $50 account setup fee, then receive your log in details for the Test Administrator Panel, from here you can conduct all ten selection tests.
The price for all ten tests are the same: $5 per test.
- Pay per test:
- Account set-up fee: $50 (one-time payment)
- Per test: $5
- Batch discounts:
- 50 credits: $225 (10% discount)
- 100 credits: $400 (20% discount)
- 200 credits: $700 (30% discount)
- 500 credits: $1250 (50% discount)